Wildcats News · Winter Gameday Protocols

Wildcat Nation,

Once again, we are excited to be able to offer winter activities and contests. We remain in the midst of a health crisis and will be following the safety guidelines below. These are reviewed on a regular basis and subject to change at any time. They are also unique to Millard West. Restrictions and protocols may be different at schools that we visit. Those will be communicated by the coaches of that sport or activity to our students and families.

Attendance

• Basketball – limited to 4 tickets per participant, no student sections, no band, cheerleaders are allowed for home and away teams
  • Wrestling – limited to 4 tickets per participant for a dual, 2 tickets for a larger meet, no cheerleaders
  • Swimming – no spectators at this time, **will consider 2 per participant for “virtual” meets or smaller duals**
  • Bowling –┬álimited to 4 spectators per participant
  • Unified Bowling – limited to 2 spectators per participant

Masks

• Masks are required for everyone attending an event. Participants will wear face coverings when not involved in strenuous physical activity. Coaches and officials will be required to wear face coverings.

Social Distancing

• Efforts will be made to modify seating areas when possible to encourage distancing. Spectators should sit together as a family unit and separate from others when possible.

Concessions

• Limited concessions will be offered at most events. There may be some events at various levels where concessions will not be offered.

Programs and media guides

• Booster clubs and teams may still sell printed media guides at the games.
  • Printed game rosters will NOT be available. They can be accessed electronically through a QR code at the entrance to the venue.

Media and Streaming

• Our Millard West Striv crew will stream games, for free, as they have always done. The links to those streams will be tweeted the day of the game or can be found at striv.tv/millard-west
  • Media will be welcome and encouraged at all of our contests with valid student media or NSAA media credentials.

Miscellaneous

• Water fountains will not be available. Bottle fillers will be open at certain venues.
  • Fans are asked to not arrive at the gate before it opens and to exit the facilities immediately after the contest and avoid waiting and gathering. (e.g. JV spectators should not stay for the varsity game if they do not have a student participating)
  • Game management personell will be required to where masks at all times.

**These protocols and guidelines are subject to change at any time and may vary slightly by location and by type of event. Every effort will be made to communicate protocols on a weekly basis.**