Wildcats News · Gameday Protocols

Wildcat Nation,

We are glad to be able to offer activities and athletics this fall for our students and families. We understand the importance of extra curricular activities for our community. While it is exciting to return to practice and competition, the games and events will look a lot different than past years. Below is an explanation of protocols and who will be allowed to attend.

Passes and Spectators:

• Attendance will be limited to the family members of students and staff actively participating in the event. “Actively participating” refers to players, coaches, cheerleaders, dance team members, and marching band.
  • Each student and staff participant will receive a card (we are calling it a purchasing permit) that will allow them to purchase up to 4 tickets per game in which they are participating. Once the purchasing permit is presented, they may purchase their tickets with cash or with any other passes that are normally accepted (booster pass, staff pass, student activity pass, etc.).
  • All tickets must be purchased at one time. For example, you cannot purchase two football tickets on Wednesday and then two more on Thursday.
  • Fans will be asked to sit together as a family and socially distance from other families as much as possible.
  • For events with unpaid admission such as golf, tennis, and cross country, we are asking that only family members attend and socially distance while there.
  • Any alterations in protocols for away events will be communicated through social media and the coaching staffs.

Masks

• Masks will be required for all spectators at indoor AND outdoor events.
  • Participants will not be required to wear masks while playing or performing. They will be encouraged to wear them on the sidelines. Coaches will be encouraged to wear masks when not able to socially distance.

Concessions

• Limited concessions will be offered at most events. There may be some events at various levels where concessions will not be offered.

Programs and media guides

• Booster clubs and teams may still sell printed media guides at the games.
  • Printed game rosters will NOT be available. They can be accessed electronically through a QR code at the entrance to the venue.

Media and Streaming

• Our Millard West Striv crew will stream games, for free, as they have always done. The links to those streams will be tweeted the day of the game or can be found at striv.tv/millard-west
  • Media will be welcome and encouraged at all of our contests with valid student media or NSAA media credentials.

Miscellaneous

• Game officials will be encouraged to wear masks.
  • Water fountains will not be available. Bottle fillers will be open at certain venues.
  • Fans are asked to not arrive at the gate before it opens and to exit the facilities immediately after the contest and avoid waiting and gathering.
  • Game management personell will be required to where masks at all times.

**These protocols and guidelines are subject to change at any time and may vary slightly by location and by type of event. Every effort will be made to communicate protocols on a weekly basis.**